Municipal Utilities Board of the City of Albertville Application for Residential Service

Residential Deposit Policy

Effective May 1, 2014

The standard residential deposit is $350 for electric and water and/or wastewater services. The standard deposit for water or wastewater only is $100.

If the customer owes an old bill to MUB, the old bill must be paid before service is established.

The standard residential deposit may be waived by the following:

  1. Customer has had previous service with MUB within the last 3 years with no collection activity. (Collection activity defined below)
  2. Customer provides a letter of good credit history from prior utility with no collection activity within the last 3 years. The letter of good credit history must be provided on the Utility’s letterhead at time of application.
  3. Customer receives an excellent credit score from a third party credit reporting agency.

Collection Activity –Disconnect processed, returned check or bank draft, delinquent balances in bad debt.

After maintaining service for 3 years with no collection activity, customer may request a refund of deposit to be credited to the customer’s account.

Deposit will accrue interest at rates determined by MUB and will be applied to customer account after services have been discontinued less any unpaid balance then due or after 3 years with no collection activity (at customer request), whichever comes first.

Residential Service Requirements


Complete the Customer Application for Service either:

  1. Fax completed application to (256) 878-8501. Or
  2. Mail or in person at our main office location at
    210 West Main Street, Albertville, Alabama.

CLICK HERE to print the “Residential Application for New Service” form.

Signup for new Residential Service


Two forms of identification are required to establish service. At least one must be from the “Primary” list below. Acceptable identification includes:

Primary Forms
  • Valid Driver’s License
  • Non-Driver ID
  • U.S. Passport
  • Gun Permit with Photo
  • U.S. Military ID
  • FAA Issued Pilot’s License
  • Matricula Consular ID or similar form of ID issued by other national governments
Secondary Forms
  • Social Security Card
  • Birth Certificate (Certified Copy)
  • Voter’s Registration Card
  • Medicare/Medicaid Card
  • W-2 Form
  • ITIN (Individual Tax ID Number)
  • Hunting, Fishing or Gun Permit without Photo
  • Selective Service ID Card
  • Naturalization Document
  • Employee ID Card

Residential Service Application